Wednesday 31 December 2014

"On the Seventh day of Christmas..."

On the Seventh day of Christmas, the Quacktain gave to us:

"Looking cool in Oakleys"


"Relaxing with Jakob"



"It's a - KAN GA ROO!!!"


"Slighty dirty face"



"I'm with my bike"


 "Don't cwy, Uncle Andy!"



"And a picture of Andy and Jil!" 



What's that? They're not Oakleys? Like I care!! "Looking cool in shades" didn't fit the carol, nor did "Looking cool in sunglasses" so I went with Oakleys as being possibly the only make of shades as worn by the pro peloton that I actually know. When I say "know",  I do of course mean "have vaguely heard of" as I am simply not into labels, designer stuff etc.

Regardless, Our Andy is looking pretty darned cool in them. And kinda young!

It's the last day of 2014 today: not the best year for Eisen Andy fans, what with Andy struggling, being injured again, and then retiring.

I feel so bad that the career-ending injury happened in my home town, while I was watching (so to speak) and I feel even worse that, although we briefly breathed the same air, I didn't get a close eye-to-eye look at Andy as he sped past me along the Embankment on his we-didn't-know-it-then-but-it-was-ruined knee.  I saw Fab, which was breathtaking, and Kittel, which was less so, but I didn't actually see Andy's face. They go so fast! Whoosh! and they're away.. and so much depends which side of the peloton they are riding on at that crucial second. Ah well, at least I was there, I was at le Tour in London, I was present at Andy's last professional race. *sigh*

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year!
    Thanks Coug for the pics.
    Hope you can go through with this kinds of pics till christmass 2015.

    Love to your all.

    Barbara(q)

    ReplyDelete