Thursday 25 December 2014

"On the First day of Christmas..."

On the First day of Christmas, the Quacktain gave to us:


"A picture of Andy and Jil!" 




It's Christmas day, so I'm not seriously expecting any Schlecklanders to come here, but just in case... Happy Christmas, everyone!

In case any non-Shlecklanders have landed here, and are asking themselves "Who's the Quacktain?" then I have to admit *shamefaced* that it's me. 

It's a nick-name that developed a couple of years ago: I was promoted to Captain of the Schleckland Ship, or the SS Schleckland if you prefer, so I was Captain Coug for quite some time.

Here's my twitter avatar (right). Please note the Lux Ensign flying at the masthead!

Then, I can't quite remember how, there was something on Twitter about ducks...




.. and I made myself an avatar of a duck with photoshopped RadioShambles kit - left - and there was some tweeting of terrible puns about ducks and Someone (you know who I mean, Susan Figgy Change-my-name ) started calling me the Quacktain.

It kinda stuck.

Anyway, the Quacktain (that's me) sends the very best wishes to all Schlecklanders old and new, and to Andy and Tinkerjil and all the other Schlecks, old and new (!) and I hope you are all having a wonderful Christmas.

And no, I'm not actually sitting here typing at 8am on Christmas day, silly - I set the next few posts up in advance. I'm not daft!

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Quacktain!
    I am only sitting here perusing blogs on Christmas Day because I am waiting for my salad mould to set up. Besides, the bird is in the oven, hubby is watching old movies on TV and I didn't get any new toys to play with. New books to read though.
    Anyway, Merry Holly to everyone!
    emjay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might have been the guest from New Jersey, Quacktain! I was in the States visiting relatives/going to New York. A belated Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I missed the 12 Days of Schleck-mas... Eleven climbers attacking, ten Quacktain's a-ha-neighing, nine Garmins shaving ...three grand Tours, two Sky Captains, and I can't believe John Degenkolb is younger than me.

    ReplyDelete