Friday 26 October 2012

Tiger Woods is talking rubbish!

Schlecklanders, I just had to share this one with you. Don't take a mouthful of coffee at this point otherwise, I warn you, you might spray it across the breakfast table.

Tiger Woods, golfer with silly name, has taken it upon himself to comment on the current cycling doping scandal.

I quote from the report:

" Golf's greatest star says the few good men in golf would never allow a scandal of the magnitude that is occurring with Lance Armstrong and cycling."

He is then quoted as saying: "This is a sport where we turn ourselves in on mistakes,"  while talking to reporters in Malaysia prior to the CIMB Classic. "A ball moves in the trees, the guys call penalties on themselves. I think that's one of the neat things about our game, and I think with the (anti-doping) testing, it's only enhanced that respectability throughout all of sport."

Pardon me while I choke with laughter.

Golf? Walking around a gently rolling lawned area, for what - an hour or so? Retiring to the Clubhouse if it rains? I don't think I've even seen a golfer getting sweaty, have you?

What on earth would they need to dope for?

It hardly compares with 21 days of racing, 6 hours a day, through all weather, road conditions, accidents, obstructions, distractions etc, does it?

Tiger, mate, I hate to sound condescending but golf is not exactly an extreme sport.  In fact, I'm not entirely sure it's a sport, is it? Can it count as a sport if you don't even get sweaty doing it?

And what was that about the "few good men in golf would never allow a scandal..."

Huh?

Does he mean there are only a few men in golf, but they are all good? Or are there lots of men in golf, but only a few of them are good? (Women golfers, feel free to bat him round the head with a number 6 iron at this point.)

And as for "would never allow a scandal..."  Pff! Every moment of their silly game  alleged sport is fully televised, the only "cheating" they could possibly do would be to manually throw a ball out of the bunker - nope, can't do that, cameras all around - or to put little remote controlled motors inside the balls. Hmm, not very likely. 

There is just no comparison at all. I really don't understand the point of asking someone like him about the cycling scandal, do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment