Tuesday 9 October 2012

Cycling news today...

... includes the bad news that poor Frankie's LADA hearing has been put back by a week, boo.  As if it isn't bad enough having all this hanging over his head, now there will be another week for the gossipers to gossip, plus the worry that, well, we all know how the Contador thing worked out.. it took months, years, before it was sorted out.

Please, please, UCI, WADA, LADA, and for all I know, SAGA: don't drag it out, get on with it.

On a lighter note, forget to share this with you:


What, exactly, is our lovely Tour of Britain podium girl doing? Well, she appeared throughout the Tour either in a red dress, or in this blue one. The red one was fine, but she seemed to be having trouble with the blue one, and kept having to adjust the neckline by firmly gripping it with both hands and heaving it upwards.

Pretty brave of her, really, to adjust her bosom in full view of everyone, and the TV cameras.

It became a running joke with LLB and I - every time she appeared with a new jumper, she would put it on the lucky winner, do up the back, come round the front, and heave her bosom up again. By the end of the presentation, we were both miming along with her.

In much the same way that every time the Basque Tour, or the Basque region, are mentioned, one or other of us (sometimes both) do a mime to indicate an hour-glass figure and the pinging of a suspender....

I do hope you enjoy these little excursions of My Life While Watching Cycling.

Ooh, ooh, talking of real life, big excitement locally, I have now seen, not once but TWICE, a local cyclist wearing Leopard kit!! Yes! Contrary to previously thought, I am NOT the only Leopard fan in the whole of southern England!  Now I just have to manage it so that that one day, I will be carrying my Leopard musette-converted-into-useful-shopping-bag when I see him, so that I can wave it at him.

Any guesses as to how fast he will pedal away?

4 comments:

  1. Coug! I'm afraid that my comment is not quite an answer to your post but I couldn't avoid writing it. I remember, long long time ago, a remark on the term "tip top" used by Andy at the team presentation. And guess what I've just found? http://www.radioshacknissantrek.com/team/riders/jakob-fuglsang
    "An excellent climber and time trialist, he knows exactly how to tweak his preparation so that he can arrive at the Giro start in his home country, Denmark, in tip top condition." Did Shack try to teach English to their riders? (If so, they're not doing it properly). Or maybe there's no connection and this comment makes no sense. It's up to you to judge.
    Bye :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh ooh! Could this be bye-bye Johan? http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/report-bruyneel-could-be-sacked-today

    Bris. Gal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alice,

    Oh! The happy "tip top" days! Yay Jakob, you get yourself in tip top condition, we are looking forward to seeing you again, regardless of what colour kit you are wearing. I judge that Jakob is indeed in tip top condition, and I know that Leelu would agree with me!

    Hey Brisbane Gal, best news so far to come out of the Lance witch-hunt, er, enquiry.

    That would certainly solve a lot of Andy's problems: it wouldn't help poor Frankie, but at least he'd know that he had a better environment to return to. (properly, "...better environment to which to return" but isn't that clumsy?) (actually, best would be "..he'd know he would be returning to a better environment." There you go, English lessons as well as cycling news, what more could you want from a blog?)

    I await developments on this, with great interest!

    Coug

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's gone!

    He's gone!

    http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/13052/RadioShack-Nissan-team-confirms-Bruyneels-time-as-general-manager-has-ended.aspx

    Coug

    ReplyDelete