Wednesday 4 May 2011

Liege-Bastogne-Leige

Late again.... I know...

...and I can't find the note I wrote during the race to remind myself of things I thought worth mentioning...

so I'll just post this pic of Our Glorious Leader at the finishing area, being totally ignored by the cameras in favour of whoever it was that won it - some bloke with an earring, I believe.


There was an even worse one, where some bird in a white shirt was actually pushing past him to get to Gilbert! Fancy pushing past Andy Schleck to get to someone else! (*incredulous look*). But I wasn't prepared to give that one any more coverage than it already had.

Obviously this is only one tiny, tiny moment, and I am sure that both Andy and Frankie were very shortly surrounded by lots of cameras and people, but to capture just this one moment:- you can see why Mr Miny is a professional photographer, can't you?

Don't worry, Andy, we still think you're lovely.

4 comments:

  1. Did you see the video of Andy crying after Liege?? And then having kissy-cuddles with Leea?? Very VERY probably one of the cutest things EVER!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crying? Our Glorious Leader? Noooooo! I don't think I should watch that. It might upset me.

    I've just watched it. (*sniffle*)

    I prefer to think that he was wiping away the dirt and sweat of the event, tired and frustrated. With maybe just a little tear to get his eyes clean again.

    D'aaw, and Martine rubbed his back! You can tell she is a lovely mother, I bet she was saying "there, there" to him.

    I'd've gone for the full body hug, if I'd been there. But I think you would have guessed that, wouldn't you?

    Coug

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martine and Leea for Fränk, Lulu for Jacob, Jasmine for Gilbert and only mama for OGL....
    Who wouldn't cry?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I did offer... but I am waaaay, waaay too old for him.

    I'd still give him a hug in consolation, though: wouldn't anyone?

    I'm still thinking that he's not "crying" crying, it's just a moment of tiredness and disappointment. And at least he wasn't blubbing like a baby, as Cav did when he won Stage 5 of TdF last year.

    Mind you, digression, Cav is on Twitter now (I know, I know, I broke it, but they seem to have fixed it and I was chatting to Leelu late last night - well, early morning for her) and he is so very funny. Still rude, but far more articulate than you would imagine. Well worth checking him out.

    Coug

    ReplyDelete