Tuesday 21 July 2015

TdF2015 Final Day

I can't believe that three weeks are almost over, and le Tour is on the final day - it's no more than a parade, as usual, and it's ending even earlier than normal today, as the race organisers have agreed that final times will be taken at the first crossing of the finish line - that's with 61k to go, before all the circuits on the Champs Elysees. This means that the GC contenders can trundle merrily up to that point then relax, leaving the sprinters to whizz off if they wish to risk life and limb in the wet, greasy, slippery cobbles of the final circuit.

Our Eurosport coverage starts well, Carlton Kirby is clearly desperate for things to talk about, so I tweeted him:






And yesss! He said it on Eurosport!!

I can't believe - *shakes head in despair* - that I have spent the last six years tweeting to all the various commentators about Andy, with practically no response: and now, suddenly, just as I am giving it all up, I become flavour of the month and this Tour is clearly the Cougar Girl Tour!

How ironic.

Getting back to the race, all went well, Froomey made it to the podium, Sulky Sagan got a jersey,  and the lovely Jakob "Bunny Ears" Fuglsang came in safely, 23rd in the GC, not bad, eh?!

1 comment:

  1. How about finding us a new glorious leader? I miss your blogs.

    ReplyDelete