Wednesday 4 November 2015

"How about finding us a new glorious leader?" said CeCe

Well, I did try: Pierre Rolland was my "pet" of the Tour this year,  which you might remember if you read my report on Stage 8, although LLB did point out that his riding style was somewhat reminiscent of Our Glorious Leader...  which I thought simply showed that I was actually a serious cycling fan, with a leaning towards good climbers, akshually. *laughs*

But Pierre, pet though he is, can't compare with Andy for style, or for general nice-ness. *sigh*

I suppose that, as I don't know anyone suitable for the position of New Glorious Leader (unless Jakob Bunny-Ears Fuglsang leaves Ass-t'na and goes to a decent non-doping team, takes over as protected rider and once again illuminates the room with a yellow glow), I would have to find and nurture one from the unknown up-and-coming riders. Who all seem so young.....

Meanwhile, somewhere in Luxembourg:

*sounds of typing*

TinkerJil: "What are you doing, love?"
Andy: (mutters out loud as he types) "Chapter one: early days. How I got my first bike before I got my first set of braces..."

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of Jakob, just saw (while casually "looking up" Jakob) news that he has married his child bride, who now must be of legal marrying age, Lou Lou.

    Our next door neighbours cat is called LouLou, but she's fat and fluffy, very unlike the new Mrs. Fuglsang.

    Anyway back to the topic at hand, I think Esteban Chaves should be your new pet, he's very cute and adorable and, has to his credit some pretty good stage wins to his name. As for a new Glorious leader, no one really jumps out at the moment, maybe next season you will find your man, maybe put the word out on twitter that you have holding auditions for "The Glorious Leader" and watch the stampede to audition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. D'aw, Jakob married LouLou! That's sweet! Wow, can you imagine how gorgeous their children are going to be? *sighs in "doting auntie" sort of way*

    Alas, I can't get into their wedding album site, but I'm sure it was a lovely "do". Would I recognise LouLou with a long frock on, I wonder?

    Chaves - meh. I know he has a smile wide enough to cover the whole podium, but he just doesn't appeal to me. I was happy to see him get stages and jerseys, but no, I don't think he has the necessary qualifications to become the NGL.

    I shall, however, keep looking.....

    ReplyDelete