Wednesday 2 July 2014

Coug's attending le Tour!

Yes, folks, LLB and I are going to London on Monday to see the end of the stage, yay!

It's somewhat weird to think that I am actually going to be in the same country, same city, same street, as Our Andy...

I'm already packing my bag, wonder if he's still packing his?

Andy: "Hmm, jerseys, bibshorts, socks... "
TinkerJil: "Don't forget your shoes this time. "
Andy: (mock shocked face) "Jil, it was only that once! "
TinkerJil: "Well, you always forget something. Where's the list I made for you? "

(Andy pulls a scrumpled piece of paper from his pocket.)


TinkerJil: "There you go, start at the top and just put in everything on the list. "
Andy: "OK, hand me the shoes. "
TinkerJil: (smiles) "There you go. "
Andy: "And the talcum powder. "
TinkerJil: (smiles but gives him a Look) "Here it is. "
Andy: "And the razor? "
TinkerJil: (throws a pillow at him)
Andy: "What? " (laughs)

TinkerJil: "Just you make sure you have everything. And look out for Coug on Monday, she'll be in London. "
Andy: "Aww, she'll never see me. I'll be going past so fast... "
TinkerJil: "Yes, I know, and she doesn't expect you to wave or anything. "
Andy: "I'd never spot her, anyway. "
TinkerJil: "Yes you would, she'll be on the Embankment, and she'll be wearing Lux Ensign socks, and waving the little Lux Ensign flag. "
Andy: "Let me guess, she'll be wearing a Lux Ensign t-shirt? "
TinkerJil: "No, she couldn't get one, but she'll be wearing a blue-and-white striped t-shirt, as being the nearest possible. "

(Andy rolls his eyes)

Andy: "OK, and where will she be? "
TinkerJil: "I told you, on the Embankment. Right towards the end of the race, it's a long straightish bit with the river on your left."
Andy: "Whereabouts on the Embankment, then? "
TinkerJil: "I don't know! It depends how thick the crowds are, what time she and LLB get there, who knows?  "
Andy: "OK, I'll try to remember..."
TinkerJil: (gives him a big kiss) "Mmmm "

Five days to go.....

No comments:

Post a Comment