Monday 21 July 2014

Slightly better news from Luxembourg.

Thanks to the Schlecklander who put up the link to the video in yesterday's post: it was very good to see a new, fresh video of Andy:

Here he is hobbling across the room of his apartment, using crutches but not looking too bad.

Last time I was on crutches it was like Transformers - creak, crunch, clatter clatter, groan, scuff, thump, "Oh sorry, was that your ankle" etc etc. Andy seems to manage it with grace and ease!

I have no idea who the bloke in the blue shirt is.. and I have no idea what Andy was saying, as he was presumably speaking Luxembourgish (as the interview was for RTL.lu).

But he seemed quite happy!


If anyone out there would care to email me a translation of the conversation, I'd be delighted to add it here:  otherwise I might have to make something up, and you know how they always turn out...








And here is the knee in question: after his description of it as being "like my knee exploded" I was expecting a lot worse than this, but I am sure that it is quite painful enough, no matter how neat a job they made of the outside.

Uurgh, that's enough medical matters for now... does anyone else think that his apartment still looks like the bachelor pad of a bloke that has a cleaner, and who uses it more for storing his clothes and stuff, than for actually living in?

I didn't see any sign of TinkerJil or Teo, for a start. But it certainly looks like his Mondorf apartment, from what I remember of earlier videos. Those slope-edged balconies are quite distinctive...

Anyway, leaving aside that speculation, it's good to see that he's home safely, out of hospital, and looking quite lively and happy. I wonder if he's following the Tour on tv? Would you, if you were out of it? I'm not sure if I'd be glued to the set, following every move and debating loudly what they should have done... or whether, like last time he fell in the Tour and cracked his pelvis, he'd prefer to go on holiday and get away from it all.

Any thoughts, anyone?

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure he must be watching Frank! He is riding so well that has to be good for him to see! That knee does look bad but at least he is on the mend.Thanks for the posts Coug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bloke in the blue shirt is RTL's sports journalist Tom Flammang, who does the round up of the day's stages with Tim Hensgen. Tom is a former professional cyclist and former Lux national champion, A good man to interview Andy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought my bike from Tom. He's a good egg.

    ReplyDelete