Friday 29 June 2012

Ah, I love my viewing stats.

The Tour is nearly upon us, we are all waiting with bated breath for it to start, despite the loss of Our Andy, and what am I doing? Yes, I am checking my blog's viewing stats.

What can I say? It's fascinating! And everyone has to have a hobby...

Having just made a new blog entry, I was idly checking what people were looking at, and there was someone from Dentergem in Belgium who started by looking at "Andy Schleck Girlfriend" then went on to "The Sinister Case of the Steamed-up Car", these two entries being way back in February. I wonder if they enjoyed reading vintage Captain Coug stuff?

Then there was someone from Coimbra, in Portugal, who read all about the "Tufty Collection" which is from early in 2011 - phew, bit out of date by now, you'd think?  Hilariously, their ISP (hello, by the way, to whoever you are!) is called "Instituto De Sistemas E Robotica" which just sounds plain funny. So much better than boring old "BT Internet".

Someone from the Netherlands wanted to read about Contador being booed,  and then about Andy drooling  - last year's Tour de Suisse, that was. Aha, there must be something about that clean, Swiss, air that gets people drooling, remembering - while trying not to picture it - Ten Damme drooling like a slug in this year's race.

Returning to Belgium again, someone from Retie wanted to read about me and Ken Sommer - ah, remember those happy days when we used to try to get him to tweet to us?

It's amazing what you can find on the internet. What can I say, except welcome one and all:  and to any new readers, do please feel free to wander back amongst the past entries - all neatly indexed on the right, there - to see what sort of thing we talk about. And for the benefit of those readers, I even made a page labelled "In Jokes", which you can find up there *points to top of page* so that these newer entries would make more sense.

Going back to the stats, guess what the result was, when I checked the Keyword analysis? That is, the words typed into Google by people who don't have the blog bookmarked, or who don't come straight here: ie, non-regulars.

Yes,  over 25% of "new" visitors get here by typing "Andy Schleck Girlfriend".  Ho hum. And a further 12% or so get here from typing variations on Jil, or Jill, or her surname, along with Andy's name. I even have some who just type in her name, yet still get here. *pause while I rush off to Google to try it for myself: aww, how sad, she has an entry in a site called Sport 195, but beyond her birthday and a photo, there are no details, and one sad, lonely follower.  And yes, of the "images" that Google spits up, three out of five are from here.*

Hmm, that's a thought, what do you get if you google Captain Coug?

*short pause*

Nice! There we are, at numbers 1, 6 and 7 on the first page. I am only slightly disturbed to find that there is a Captain Coug on FaceBleuk: I hardly need say, it's not me.

4 comments:

  1. That "someone from the Netherlands" would be me. Although I certainly can't remember reading about Andy drooling... But yeah I read that post about Contador being booed and I read a lot more actually, I was just looking for something interesting and I might have come across the drooling Andy article. It's not like I felt attracted to drooling Andy :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!! *waves madly*

    Glad to hear that you aren't attracted to Andy drooling: it was quite revolting, but not, I have to say, as bad as Ten Damme.

    We've all been there - if you are working really, really hard, there comes a point where the mouth fills with saliva and you don't have the breath to swallow it: I guess that's why sportspeople spend a lot of time spitting (disgusting habit) these days. And if you don't have the spare energy to spit, well, you just have to let it dribble out. Yuk! One of the bad sides to having constant TV coverage these days....

    I hope that you found something of interest, then: I don't think we'll see Contador being booed again, partly because his first big outing is going to be in Spain, and partly because by now, I rather think that most people have accepted that he isn't a doper, and will respect him for accepting the punishment. In fact, I rather think that most people now feel the punishment was way, way too harsh, so hopefully he will be welcomed back with open arms. And no doubt he will never touch another steak meal or vitamin supplement without having the team doctor/chemist check it out beforehand!

    Coug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! :D

      Lol, it is never attractive to see someone drooling, no matter how attractive the person is. But yeah it is quite understandable, it's not like I have experienced it myself (too lazy to work really, really hard :p) but I can understand how it works.

      I found lots of interesting things! And I hope you're right about the booing, I found it extremely disrespectful and felt really sorry for the guy. Although he kept smiling I think it must've been very awkward.
      But I'm not so sure the public will accept the CAS resolution. Especially the Frenchies seem to hate him pretty badly. And indeed, no more dodgy steaks or supplements, another positive test and he's out.

      Delete
  3. Alberto innocent! Hahahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete