Saturday 28 April 2012

Kids - study while you can!

Sorry, Schlecklanders, I'm a bit behind with my posts due to pressure of work and study:  I tell you, kids, listen to Auntie Coug - make the most of being at school, college or university while you can.  Studying there is easy, it's all around you, you're used to it, everyone around you is doing it, and - I know you will hate me for saying this - you have no responsibilities and can just get on with it. Plus it's always day-time, your eyes aren't tired after a day of work, and you are so young that you don't ache all over as a matter of course.

Once you are a grown-up, it's one hell of a lot harder to study! Not only am I working full-time, I do extra work, plus other extra work, plus running my household, plus blogging, plus unpaid work:  it's really difficult to find the time to study,  other than in small chunks, slipped in here and there wherever they will fit. (Oh, and seeing LLB as well, mustn't forget to allocate time for him!)

So don't do drugs! Don't waste your time! Study hard - go that extra mile: if the course that you are studying does not occupy you all day every day, then do some additional subjects or modules or whatever you call them, while you can.

Oh, and I forgot to say that adult education costs A LOT OF MONEY as not only do I have to pay for the course, but I have to take time out of my life to do it, and sometimes I have chosen to study, where I could have been out earning money.

Right, end of rant.

1 comment:

  1. As I read this I found myself wishing that someone had shared this wisdom with me before I graduated from high school.

    I respect and am cheering on your committment to creating a better life for yourself and those dearest to you. Chapeau!

    Take good care!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete