Wednesday 21 December 2011

Reprieve for my work shirts.. the O lives on.

Thanks to Boulderado for prompting me to have a look at the old Leopard Trek website, which is still there and still called Leopard Trek. I've rather lost heart in it lately, now that the races are over, and I haven't been there in weeks.

But look!


Ooh, look, a tempting link, I wonder where it will take us?

Answer: to what appears to be a new website, now called Radioshack Nissan Trek.    Oh dear, I might have typed that incorrectly, darn, I will have to check the press release again... anyway, here is what you get, just the one page for now... annoyingly, they have remembered to block the dir list so I can't have a sneaky peek to see if there are any other pages being made (you can often get a lot of extra information like that, particularly when companies are lazy and don't tidy up their websites properly.).


Whoo hooo and yay, the O logo appears to be staying - well, for the time being, at least.

My work shirts will live on next summer! 

And for the benefit of the curious, this photo shows the backs of the shirts, not the fronts.

Not even I am prepared to wear the logo slap bang in the middle of my modest chest!

No, the logos are on the back, so while I am hard at work in the summer, everyone passing by can see them. And as I walk around my local supermarket, passers-by can look in amazement as I walk past them, and could - if only there was another single Leopard Trek fan in the whole of South England - call out "Hey! You must be Coug!"

So far, it has utterly failed to happen...

And let's not forget a minor grumble that once again, January: once again, special invitation to a launch; once again, it's in Luxembourg.....  technically, I don't go back to work until the 9th, so I suppose that, if I were really keen, I could take that lovely new passport of mine and just fly over there.  But I'm still not sure if I'm going to be supporting the Shack, or just supporting Our Boys.  So I think I'll save the money, and use it to go over to Belgium for one of the spring classics instead.

And now the bad news, the old RadioShack site is also still going:

...so there is still a chance that we will be lumbered with their ugly ole' red and black blobby site.

I'm not quite sure if this is sinister or not: it's entirely possible that they will leave up both the old sites, for the benefit of old fans, then quietly take them down after a few months.

I suppose it could be said that it's too early to take down the two old sites, as the year hasn't quite finished yet. Oh well, we will see.

Finally, with thanks to Leelu for reminding me about it: on Twitter, we've had a sneaky peek at what could well be the new GreenEdge kit:

Well, what else could it possibly be?

It's the GreenEdge swoopy logo all right, and it bears more than a passing resemblance to the Leopard Trek kit: the bike is a Scott, and they are sponsoring GreenEdge, so I think we can believe in this one!

Unless there is a very, very keen fan somewhere in Australia who has his own screen-printing set-up......

1 comment:

  1. re GE kit - lol, that's actually Daniel Teklehaimanot from the team wearing it. So i'm thinking it's a safe bet that's the jersey. However! GE have said that they will not be unveiling their true jersey until TDU, so this could well be the interim jersey.

    ReplyDelete