Saturday 15 June 2013

Tour de Suisse - Andy's improving!

Another good day in the Tour de Suisse for Our Andy: he stayed with the front group all the way, and came in 15th, just one minute down. He's now lying 42nd overall, which is great!

RadioShambles have actually put up a news report on this stage, and have mentioned Andy, which is nice (sarcastically), he said:

"... the rest of climb I felt really good.  It was a good test and I’m happy with the results.  My training is done now and the remaining days are just staying safe on the bike."

So we won't be looking for any further progress, but he's happy with his form, and feeling good. Excellent!

Alas, no tv coverage for us, which is a real shame for me, not just for missing seeing Our Andy storming up the hill, of course, but for missing the collapse of an air-bridge: I have often wondered what happens if one of these gets a puncture, or breaks loose from the moorings, and now I missed it!

Apparently this is what it looks like when it happens:


So well done to the bloke in the middle, gamely holding it up for the break to get underneath!

No comments:

Post a Comment