Thursday 13 June 2013

Andy's in the front group!

Yes, Schlecklanders, it's all been a bit quiet on the news front, but - as they say - "no news is good news" and not only is Our Andy riding well in the Tour de Suisse, but yesterday he came in in the front group. Excellent!


Here he is at the finish line, not looking too bad, all things considered.  We haven't had any TV coverage of the race at all, and I've been working all week, so I haven't had time to waste on Twitter, so it's only thanks to dear Steephill TV (from whom I pinched the above picture, as you can see by the credit) that I know anything about it.

That was yesterday, and as for today's stage, well, he came in 10mins 43 seconds down, which might seem like a bad thing: but there were the four leaders within half a minute of each other, then a massive bunch of 140 riders all arriving 10'43 down. That was either a very exciting stage, or a very dull stage.

Overall, he's lying in 69th position, 21mins 44 seconds down.

RadioShambles don't seem to be saying very much about him at all, so we will just have to make stuff up:

Me: "So, Andy, I see they gave you the number 7 within the team, then."
Andy: "Yes, that's right, I am number 37"
Me: "I seem to remember that a couple of years ago, I asked if 7 was your lucky number, as you always seemed to be number 7."
Andy: "Err, yes you did. Or was it number 6?"
Me: *worried look* "I can't remember. Maybe it was number 6..."
Andy: "Huh, call yourself a fan?" *he laughs at my discomfiture*
Me: "See, I told you that I'd been in Andyhab. I am soooo over you!"
Andy: *slightly miffed* "No you're not, you're still my fan."
Me: "Oh, well maybe just a  little bit then." *playfully punches him on the arm*

Slightly unlucky that we were on the balcony at the time, and that my Dick Emery-style punch sent him flying over the rail and into the hotel swimming pool below.

Whoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment