Friday 4 May 2012

Did I write this?

I'm having a strange deja vu moment: I've just read a report on Velonation about Frankie being shoved into the Giro at a few days' notice, and it's written in a very friendly, non-normal-velonation-Schleck-reporting style that, for a moment, made me wonder if I'd written it myself!

It starts off:

"Ever had a nightmare where you had a crucially important college exam, but forgot to study and were completely unprepared? If so, remember waking up in a cold sweat, then realising – with considerable relief – that it was all a bad dream?

Spare a thought, so, for Fränk Schleck, who finds himself still grappling with the thought that he is on the verge of something that he had no expectations of doing."

Then it settles down a bit, and goes on to explain what he's done (recent racing, then having a rest ready to build up again for the Tour) what he was doing ("in the playground with my daughter Leea when the phone rang...")  and what he now has to do - ie lose as little time as possible in the TT prologue,  play it cool for the first week while the legs wake up, then hope to be coming back into form in the third week when we hit the mountains.

OK it doesn't refer to him as Frankie, nor does it mention Andy Schleck at all, which kinda proves that it wasn't me: I would have found a way to work OGL into the conversation, somehow! So it's a relief to find that I am not sleep-typing, and submitting articles to Velonation.

Although that's an idea....

2 comments:

  1. *teasing* Oh and look ... you found a way to work OGL into the post! ;D - Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I? *opens eyes very wide and blinks slowly to indicate total lack of knowledge of whatever you are insinuating*

    Coug

    ReplyDelete