Monday 15 August 2011

New teams, new kits

As we know, OmegaPharma Lotto are splitting up - Lotto is to become a seperate team, and Omega Pharma are going to merge with Quickstep.

We have already speculated that the team could be called OmegaStep - although I'm not sure what Pharma might think of that - and I've been speculating about how they are going to split up the team members, the mechanics, the soigneurs, the kit, etc.

Actually, the kit sort of does itself: there you go, current kit on the left: Omega Pharma keep the blue side, and Lotto take the red side. All they have to do, more or less, is cut all the kit in half up the middle, make up new other halves,  then stitch it back together. Simple.

As you can see, plenty of room for Lotto to either add a new sponsor, or just put their name again.

And GreenEdge, the other new team? Not much news on their kit yet, but this could be their Juniors' kit:

OK I admit it, I have been wasting time this evening! Well, my arm still hurts (*dull throbbing, off to the left somewhere*) and I didn't feel like doing any real work... so I've been catching up with Miss Fede's blog (*waves, "Hi Sweetie!" *) and some of the videos.

Talking of which,Frank and Andy in Eindhoven with the Two Djohnnies' car:



Am I the only one who is somewhat shocked to see Andy driving with no hands while mucking about with the mirror that he broke... not to mention Frankie setting fire to the headlining? Frankie, where did you get that lighter from? You don't smoke (*shocked face*), surely? And oh, the royalty of being OGL - "I don't have my wallet on me, it's in the hotel".  Hmmm.  And to think that I used to work for a Dutch company whose headquarters were in Eindhoven, and I used to do anything rather than get sent out there... ah, how times change.

7 comments:

  1. They found the lighter in the car - at the beginning Andy finds it and asks if it's the heater, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video is one of my favorites of them; they are so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha, I hadn't noticed that he drove without his hands! Great observation, Coug. He comments how strange it is to drive without mirrors. Well, it's also strange to drive without your hands, Andy. :P Actually, it looks like he was steering with his leg. My husband does that sometimes. Mildly nerve wracking, but it works.

    The roof! The roof! The roof is on fire! XD

    Is it wrong that I was amused and not shocked by the abuse of that poor car. Surely, the car didn't mind. :P

    I've been on an Andy hiatus, but I think I've been drawn back in. Darn those adorable Schleckies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, is that what Andy meant by "Is that the heater?" Thank you, I hadn't spotted that (*so much for "great observation", oops, hangs head in shame*).

    Oh Gnasher, Andy hiatus? No! Did you see the photos of him leading a community cycle ride in Steamboat Springs? BoulderEl put a link to in in the last post, wow, a real Andy riding with real people! You could have just leaned over and patted his butt.... if you didn't mind being sent to jail for assaulting a cyclist, of course.

    Incidentally, I just love that name! "Steamboat Springs". Somehow Peckham High Street doesn't have the same ring, does it? (No, I don't live there, it's a familiar name picked at random. Could have been Wigan. Or Harlow New Town. Or Scunthorpe. Or any other grim-sounding UK place....)

    Yes, it is WRONG to be amused and not be shocked by that video! Although I will admit that Andy looked quite stunned at being asked to scratch his name on the car. And then, like the six-year-old that he appears to be, deep down inside, he gleefully got carried away with doing it. Skreeek! Skreerrk! Big grins....

    Coug

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't diss Sunny Scunny! :P (actually... it wasnt the best when I was there :/ I have some friends that live there :P )

    I think the whole scratching names into the car was a bit ridiculous and Andy probably felt a bit like.. 'its because I'm famous, they lap it up, le sigh'

    Also... Andy's girlfriend is a basketball player? :D I approve!! (I play too) :)
    Good to know for future reference that he's into basketball players :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coug, I've finally found the time to catch up with your blog too, yay!

    I hope your wrist is feeling better, I can imagine why you were worried by it!

    That video is soooo fun! I loved Frank's words at the end: 'When you sell this car, I want to hear the price'. Lovely, lovely guy.

    Talking about Andy's driving ability, I remember an old tweet by Frank (December 2009) which went: 'Crazy weather, driving home max speed 40km/h because of the snow (...) People are really scared in lux when driving in cars . Now Andy is driving, that is scary - with my car even worse. Aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh just wanna get home safe'. After watching Andy driving 'sans hands', I can understand Frank's worries.

    Oh, btw: a breakout news says that the Schleck brothers will race for Liquigas next year, so they'll soon move to Italy ;) (ok, this is clearly too good to be true ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Last night Boulder awarded Vaughters with August being Garmin Cervelo month! I was not consulted....
    BE

    ReplyDelete