Saturday 29 March 2014

Fuglsnag!!

This morning I checked my emails and shreiked with laughter.

Not something that normally happens, I assure you: usually it's a combination of mindless spam that gets deleted, or work-related emails which are treated carefully and seriously, and responded to as necesary.

Yes, even at the weekend.

But today there were comments on Eisen Andy, from ace Schlecklander Midge, *waves* who is my pet Twitter lookout, and who can be guaranteed to be up to date with what's going on there.

Secondly was the news that Martine has had her baby, another girl, called Nayla, so thanks to Midge, and congratulations to Martine and Frankie, and also to Andy for being an Uncle again, I bet they are all thrilled!  Sleepless, but thrilled!

But firstly was a link to a picture of Jakob's dossard (team number) from last year's Vuelta, on which his name was spelt wrongly:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/1237042_552943948093444_1468680672_n.jpg
Shrieks with laughter!

Awww, poor Jakob!

Honestly, what idiot prints off these things? Presumably there is a computer programme that generates the printed dossards from the start list, but you would have thought that someone, somewhere would actually read the document.

Someone who is at least slightly familiar with the participants in the sport.

I, for one, certainly hadn't noticed this myself - so thanks to Midge (@ParisWheels if you are on Twitter) for spotting it, and for finding the photo!

What would you have done, if this had been you? I think I would have folded over the extreme right corner before pinning it, so that the number was clearly visible, but not the last three letters of the name...

7 comments:

  1. Bha ha ha should be Fuglsnog, I'm sure we would all like to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome :D. Poor Jakob indeed, although I did have to laugh, especially as his plan seemed to consist of losing enough time so he could take a sneaky stage win. #PlanDeFuglsnag ;p

    Bikegirl... Faints at sheer thought #phew #crikey
    Midge ;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. *shocked face* Ladies! Please! A bit of decorum! At least have the decency to form a proper line.. and stop shoving, I was here first....

    ReplyDelete
  4. In Australia, a SNAG is a 'Single, New Age Guy' fairly fitting for dear Jakob don't you think? I hope he had a good giggle. He's been very quiet on twitter for ages, can you coax him back onto it if you wave at him nicely please?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops, SENSITIVE, not Single... How could I get that wrong...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cougar Girl... sorry, forgot about queue. Ohh look! what's that over there? [points in random direction and steps smartly in front]

    SNAG... I love it. Yep, Sensitive New Age Guy sounds just perfect

    ReplyDelete