Saturday 7 September 2013

Another fractured pelvis!

Blimey, what's happening in cycling? Is Our Andy setting a trend?

Today I read that Simon Gerrans of O'rica (the well known Irish Australian team) cracked his pelvis earlier in the Vuelta, and has had to give up, go to hospital, and go home.

What's going on? I don't remember hearing about anyone with a fractured pelvis before, and now we have Andy, G, Barbie Barbie and Simon Gerrans all with the same injury.

Two years ago it was all scaphoid bones......

Perhaps they need to take fewer energy gels and more bone strengthening supplements.

Other odd news today, Puncture Pim has not been snaffled by Trek, instead he has gone to Lotto. I'm a little disappointed by this, I must admit. But at least he has a contract, what with Vacansoleil about to fold. Oh, and Philly Gilly finally, FINALLY! managed a stage win in the rainbow jersey: he won a sprint finish in stage 12 of the Vuelta (which I haven't watched yet, but LLB has it recorded for me), so he must be pretty relieved, eh?


No comments:

Post a Comment