Thursday 21 March 2013

Jensie denies forming new team!

In a recent comment, Elle suggested that there might be a new German team being formed for next year:

 I was, of course, joking when I suggested that two riders might be involved.

Then today, Jensie tweeted that he was in an airport with a 50 minute wait, so I thought there was no harm asking him - and he denied it. Not surprisingly!


But the really funny part is that I mis-read Elle's comment, I thought that she'd said Hondo and VOIGHT with an H, so I was making a joke by implying that it was Jensie.

Yet, of course, there was no H!! Whoops!!

Oh well, let's hope it brought a smile to Jensie's face while he was waiting for his flight.

So, Schlecklanders, you heard it here first: Jens Voigt (without the H) is NOT forming his own team!!

3 comments:

  1. I was just thinking back to the Tour of Britain (was it two years ago?) when Andy was scheduled to compete and Coug was singing her heart out about "Andy's coming to Britain ... Andy's coming to Britain!". So in that same spirit ... *singing and dancing* 100 days until the TDF annnnd Andy and Jensie and Fabu are cycling this weekennnnd! (I didn't promise that I was any good at singing!) ;)

    Coug - do you have your TDF Schlecklander uniform picked out yet to support young Andy? Should we start wearing them early just to start sending out a good vibe? :)

    Feeling a little goofy. Just want the fun of being a cycling fan-girl to come back.
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that D. Hondo was nowadays part of RSLT?????????

    Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, those twitter posts (I think it was Cycling News actually) - no saying what you can and can't trust.
    I just also recall when the boyz were with Riis - they said "we have more years on our contract and we are not developing a new team" and shortly.....Leopard emerged...so...grains of salt all the way around I suppose.

    If it was true - they can't say so at this point in the season anyhow.

    LE

    ReplyDelete