Wednesday 14 November 2012

Andy Schleck's engaged?

No, don't panic everyone, it's another one of those misleading  "Wedding Fever grips Luxembourg" titles.

As you will know, I am often fascinated by the search terms used by non-regular viewers to get here: that's people who don't normally come here, but who have typed something into Google which lead them here.

I was just checking who was reading the blog at this very moment, and these are the search terms:


OK, predictably, "Andy Schleck girlfriend" is still up there in the top 10, although we are now getting "Andy Schleck engaged" and "Andy Schleck fiancee" as well,  which shows how people are thinking.

Then we have Christian Knees bike, errrr, I am not quite sure how that search string would get you here.

Then two actually using Eisen Andy, which is odd: I mean, if you know the name of the blog, you know where it is, I would have thought? Oh well, I don't mind.

But "nasty cucumber"?? Have I ever written anything about a nasty cucumber? There was that Schpleculation about Andy watching the Lux children's TV show with the presenters dressed up as, er, what were they again? Blackberries? But I am certain I have never written about cucumbers, nasty or otherwise.

*pause while I just quickly type it into google for myself*

Woooooooah.... *round eyes*  well, that's a search term I would strongly not recommend. Three straight pages of what are clearly links to obscene stuff, a couple of references to videos of making your little brother eat cucumbers covered in things like melted cheese and ketchup, yuk: one chirpy little gardening link to "How to protect your cucumbers from beetles",  then another eleven pages of sites you really would not want to visit. So much for AVG's "safe search" mode!

I gave up after 14 pages, so I have no idea how someone came here from using that search term. Whatever you were looking for, matey, this is not it!!


4 comments:

  1. Late working hours tonight and still rebellious to go to bed when finished, so I took up with a deep search and found a hidden treasure of pictures.
    Warning, some are quite ugly and/or depressing, disturbing. Most pics are just nice; some old, some never seen before.
    e.g.: http://www.juliengarroy.com/photos/main.php?g2_view=keyalbum.KeywordAlbum&g2_keyword=Andy+SCHLECK&g2_itemId=52327

    The pics are not chronologically ordened, so if you want to treat yourselves, take some time and scroll through all the 20 pages. Enjoy!!!!

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh noes, poor Stinkoff, ah, I mean, Saxo Bank Tinkoff Bank or whatever they call themselves:
    http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/13334/Team-Saxo-Tinkoff-said-to-be-in-danger-of-losing-WorldTour-place.aspx

    (I'm a sentimental person - after all, they used to be 'Sexybank')

    Bris. Gal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I feel for poor Uncle Bjarne (even though he's a self-confessed but un-punished former doper), and I have fingers crossed that they make it.

    At least the competition is not exactly stiff, this year! I think I read that there were only 19 teams going for 18 places, so that shouldn't be too hard to maintain a ProTeam place.

    Oh, and Barbara, thank you for that link: so far I haven't found a single ugly or depressing photo!

    Coug

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you liked it Coug and HURRAY for finishing the exams.

    And thank you so much more for this delicious blog.


    Barbara.

    ReplyDelete