Saturday 1 September 2012

Look out Becca, we're coming to get you....

Interesting news yesterday - Geox, remember them from last year? Let down by one of their sponsors, causing the other one (Geox) to run away like cowardy custards, so the team folded, despite having Cobo, winner of the Vuelta that year, in their team, along with Menchov and Sastre.

Oh, and they had the scary high-lighter yellow kit, somewhat similar to Farnese-Vini, that well-known British team.

So, what's happened? The Swiss courts have confirmed the earlier judgement of the Court of Arbitration of Lugano (Who? No, I have no idea either...), and, it was announced, have awarded Team Geox's owners 6.3 million Euros.

The report said:

“The Federal Supreme Court of Switzerland, highest judicial body of that country, has condemned TMC Italia SpA definitively and with damages charged for its behaviour during the 2011 cycling season"

So that's one in the eye for sponsors who make promises of money over several years, and who fail to cough up the cash...

...Mr Becca, are you listening?

6 comments:

  1. Waah! Andy's not racing: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/schleck-out-of-gp-fourmies

    Bris. Gal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! *tears hair out* *looks at torn-out hair - oh dear, the roots are showing, time to dye it again*

    Poor boy, still suffering pain. *sniffle* I read it on Wort.lu and meant to do a post about it, but I've been busy... work... study... other work... sick cat..... vuelta.....

    Coug

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, poor Andy. I hope he heals properly soon!
    Anyway, thought I would just share this for anyone who hasn't seen it yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEvX_vKDYEw
    I'm a little biased but I think this video gives a little example of what a good team should be like (take notes Bruyneel and Becca!) Wish we could see our Leopards having fun like this again.

    Well, time for bed!

    Bris. Gal

    ReplyDelete
  4. ROFL!
    Brisbane Gal, thank you SO much for that link, what a lovely thing for them to do - can't believe that they had riders doing the actions on the podium!! And while racing!!

    D'aaw, our poor Leopards used to have fun, didn't they? *sighs* Remember the golf course episode? Golf tutor, watching Andy thwack at the ball with no style at all, having clearly never done it before, yet still get it within a couple of feet of the hole: "Is there anything that you can't do well, first time?" Andy replies, straight-faced "Well, I had problems with my first girlfriend..."

    Can't say I'd ever heard that song before, but I'm going to be pointing to my backside and singing "here's my number" from now on!

    Coug
    *points at backside, singing* "Here's my nummm-bah,, CALL ME!!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh the good ol' days filled with funny behind the scenes videos and dolphin filled holidays... *sighs and looks longingly off into the distance* *sniff, sniff*

    I'm glad you liked the clip Coug. It certainly brightened up my day when I watched it! Though I can't believe you haven't heard this song before - it's constantly on the radio down here. Should you feel like a bit of young, shirtless eye candy, I highly recommend looking up the original video clip on YouTube (Carly Rae Jepson, 'Call Me, Maybe') - mind you, not half as entertaining as GE's take.

    Bris. Gal

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yesterday I was in a DIY store, queueing at the till, mind wandering, until I noticed the till girl was looking at me strangely. Guess what was playing on the in-house radio? Guess who was pointing at her backside and mouthing the words?

    Now I can't get away from it - I'm hearing it everywhere!

    Can't wait for Friday, Tour of Britain stage leaving Welshpool, and I will be hanging round the Orica Greenedge bus, making "call me, maybe" hand gestures and hoping to get a musette...

    Coug

    ReplyDelete