Thursday 20 January 2011

LeoPard Logo

There has been some debate on the internet - well, on Miss Fede's Blog, about the new Team Schlux (unfortunately we are not prepared to do as Trek tell us about using capitals etc) and their eye-catching logo.

We are all familiar with the "smiley" emoticons, where we type in a colon followed by a right bracket to indicate general levels of happiness - :-)

More advanced emoticons include sticking out the tongue -    :-P  and ;-) for winking.

Well, here they are: Team Leopardtrek-holdet Emoticons and what they mean. You will observe that in all cases, they are wearing Fugl-scarves. We used to think that it was a jolly big nose, but as soon as you add eyes, it becomes apparent that the O is actually a mouth.

So here we go:




Firstly: Angry.


Our Stomachs are Full of Anger.

Or possibly "Get OUT of the way!"


Second:  Stefan Denifl.

(How is he going to get that mop under a helmet?)













 Second B: "After"

Ah,  so that's what will happen to Stefan's hair after a long hot day in the saddle...




Thirdly:  Pain!

Could include:

"Aargh! I missed the saddle and my delicate underparts have come into abrupt contact with the top tube..."

or

"Not another climb!"



Fourthly:  Shock!

"Jakob! Put your fugl-scarf back on!"

Or:

"You did WHAT with a bicycle pump?"



Fifthly: Worried.

"Is that a team-mate up ahead? Or a Sky rider?"

"Is that a team-mate up ahead? Or a Garmin rider?"

"Is that a team-mate up ahead? Or a SaxoBlank rider?"















OK here are a couple more - I still see that O as a mouth, so I tried to turn it back into a nose by converting the fugl-scarf into a mouth:

 Oh dear, not a happy bunny.  Look, it's ok, Nice Mr Nygaard will authorise a change to your horrible kit, very soon.

Or at least, we hope he will....








This CAT can see in the dark... very handy for bad weather days.  Oh, no, that won't work, cats don't like going out in the rain.  Mostly.  Well, I'm a Cougar and I certainly don't like going out in the rain...


Anyway, I thought maybe they looked a little too sad, so I tried making them look a bit happier:



...with partial success...

Nah, the eyes look wild and staring. Maybe they need eyebrows...



Hmmmmmmm....






....oink!






There you go Leelu, the Oinky Face has been to see Jakob's beautician as you suggested: is that better?






9 comments:

  1. Hilarious post! I just love the 'Shock' and the 'Pain' emoticons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like you´re back !!

    Pahola from Colombia not Columbia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, you're here!

    Recovering. Huh. We'll see.

    Love the Fugl-scarves. So under-utilized in the emoticon world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pahola (so sorry, Co-LOM-bia, Co-LOM-bia, I will get it right eventually - I only ever failed one exam in my whole life and that was my Geography O Level...) nice to hear from you again, I'm trying not to start a new blog, so don't encourage me!

    PeeDee, (hangs head in shame) I know, I know. Trying hard to resist.....

    Coug

    ReplyDelete
  5. It took me half the post to realise the fugl-scarf was actually the line under the 'O'!!! *blonde moment* :P

    I think the 'oink' emoticon might need to go see Jakob's beautician (I didn't just say this!!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There you go Leelu, no sooner said than done....

    I've finished packing for holiday, so I have a clear concience and about another two hours to spend before I leave... hmmm, what can I get up to in two hours? (sniggers in an evil manner...)

    See you all when I get back,

    Coug

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leela - thank you for the suggestion - THOSE are beautiful eyebrows! Now that the team has adopted the Fugl-scarf, do you think they'll all show up with magnificent eyebrows, as well?

    PeeDee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha those are great! Love the Denifl one!

    Unfortunately the logo always reminds me of an aerial view of a toilet.

    ReplyDelete