Friday 9 May 2014

Pink Knickers for the Giro!

Yay, the Giro starts today, Friday, and we have three weeks of pink-ness in store for us.

I have been collecting together all my pink knickers and socks, and will be wearing them all through the Giro, in silent and private salutation to the race.

*holds arms out for strait-jacket to be fitted*

Unfortunately, the start list is somewhat underwhelming, with few Schleckland "pets" in it, and of course no Andy or Frankie: even more unfortunate, they are not going to the Tour of California either, which is what I had rather expected to happen.

So what is Andy doing?  I can't be bothered to waste half of my life this morning trying to get onto the Trek website: it is so slow, so stuffed with Java, and I hate the way the pictures LURCH AT YOU then retreat *shudders*. Also, as far as I can remember from the few times that I have lost time trying to negotiate around it, there isn't a simple grid showing riders and races, so you can't easily work out who is doing what. All of which means that I have no idea what he is doing, so if any of you know, do please let me know!

The total "FAIL" of the Trek website is, incidentally, the reason why I won't ever be waving a Trek flag, seeking a Trek musette, or drawing the Trek shield logo on my work shirts - and I still can't see why they don't use it on the kit. A nice big red shield on the back would make it a little easier to spot the team from the helicopter shots, don't you think?

Anyway, *slaps self on arm to stop grumbling* time to go to work, more of the Giro later.

No comments:

Post a Comment