Monday 21 October 2013

Andy ate a burger -big deal!

I just came across this -


Along with headlines screaming "Andy Schleck has relapse in Belgian Burger bar", or some similar rubbish.

This dates back to August of this year, so I'm well behind the times as usual, but it made me laugh while rolling my eyes, so I thought I'd share it with you.

The somewhat spiteful report seemed to be claiming that Andy has a long-standing problem with burger dependency, had promised not to eat them ever again, but was so weak that he broke his own promise and scoffed a burger.

The report is dated 12th August but there is no clue as to when the photo was taken, other than the fact that he's wearing current RadioShambles kit, so it could be any time in the last year.

Now, I'm sure that all you faithful Schlecklanders will remember the famous "lake" video, where Frankie gleefully describes how much meat they eat - "greeeasy meat, dirrrdy meat" - as part of their general training regime, and I would say that burgers definitely come into that category. So I can't quite see them being on a banned list, unless actually mid-race, perhaps.

And there is no proof anywhere in the report or the photo - taken by "our mobile reporter", or more likely, some Andy-hater with a mobile phone who thought they'd make a quick buck from selling the photo - that he's actually ordering burgers, he could just as easily be on a training ride and in need of a cold drink, or a coffee: or even just the use of the loos.

So I don't have a lot of respect for this report.

But hey, it's a picture of Andy that I haven't seen before, so it's worth sharing!

2 comments:

  1. They do love to make something from nothing don't they? Any more on Andy supposedly becoming a daddy? Or is that another figment of someones imagination?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Dustbunny *sneezes* , I haven't heard or seen anything more than the Wort.lu report on Andy and TinkerJil: I have assumed that if it were not true, one or other would have issued a denial by now. I'm so hoping that it's true!

    Neither of them have tweeted for months, so we only have speculation to go on.

    Fingers crossed that next year will be 100% better for everyone: Andy back in the saddle and back to great form, Frankie back in the saddle, TinkerJil having the first of those "heaps of kids" that Andy wants. Who knows, maybe Leea will get a little brother or sister as well? *laughs*

    ReplyDelete