Thursday 19 July 2012

Frankie, we support you.


EisenAndy has moved to Wordpress for a while, to see if it is better than Blogger: and I took the opportunity to get the name Schleckland back, yay!
The address is schleckland.wordpress.com
But I'm keeping Eisen Andy going for now, as it has the best SEO!
Click here for an easy jump to the new blog, see what you think of it.

Well, you knew that we would, didn't you? Warm virtual hugs to poor Frankie, going through a terrible time just now.

At least dear Mr Bruyneel has managed to scrape up an ounce of compassion and announce in his blog that he supports Frankie.

Not in a major press-release, mind you, not on Twitter, just tucked away on his blog. Perhaps he assumes that everyone reads it.

"The phone call every sports director hates to receive" he starts, referring to the call from the UCI about Frankie's adverse result, then he says he phoned Frankie, and then he says "I believe Frank when he declared his innocence."

Oh good. Welcome to the club. We think he's innocent, too.

Mind you, just to stir these muddy waters, there's another report out today in Cycling News ("the one that all the riders read" said Cav in his book) that makes interesting reading.

Firstly it just comes right out and says that the Luxembourg media say that Frankie and Andy are going to Astana next year. Just like that!

It claims that there were rumours that Frankie was meeting Astana on the rest day, before being notified of his adverse result: although I understood that the announcement was made during dinner, which I presume to be the evening meal? Did anyone else hear these rumours? No, me neither.

Did anyone else know that Astana's operations company is based in Lux? Or that their Tour cars are registered there? Actually, that could be a bit of a red herring, as Lux is famous for having friendly and flexible tax laws, isn't it?

The report then goes on to reveal startlingly detailed information about their financial dealings. Almost embarrassingly detailed, really.

I don't know what to think about that: to some extent I don't really mind where the boys go, as long as they go somewhere where they will be happy, and will be able to race well.

And I really hope that the adverse result can be cleared up quickly.

Stick with it Frankie, we're all behind you! *waves Lux ensign in support* (it's only a hand-made paper one, using felt tips, but it's the thought that counts)

2 comments:

  1. I want to see Lance busted. I want to see Johan busted. I believe they both have deep involvement in the dark underbelly of this sport. I want ALL dopers out of this sport so that it can be fair, honest and respected as the hardest sport in the world. Cycling is the most amazing sport. The variables, from dogs, to sheep to people, from tacks to protests....and let's not forget the variable of the guy next to you or in front of you doing something stupid (putting your leaders shoe covers in your pocket) and causing a multi-tour ending crash for many riders! Amazing sport! As hard as it is heartening.
    I want it to come out that Frank was done in by his own management/owners/UCI. I don't believe Johan is sincere. If anything, I hear a conversation in my mind of Johan and Becca saying "Well, the A sample will be published and that will mess him up and give him a taste of what I (Johan) am dealing with! The B will be negative (God, I hope so personally) - but it will be too late. Giggle! from Johan. (I have to share that I have envisioned a conversation with Frank/Johan stating how Johan's "issues" have so negatively affected the team). Payback's a bitch as they say.
    And realisticly, did we not all believe that Frank was ready to leave the tour?
    I await the B sample.
    Which, btw, leads me to the question of why an unconfirmed A sample is justification for a rider to be publicly outted. If (I pray, when) the B sample comes up negative - should Frank sue UCI or Shack for his loss of reputation and possible placement in TdF?
    And...if Frank is guilty (cringe) - should it all fall on him or should it also fall on a team with a history (specifically a manager) and current legal cases regarding team encouragement of riders doping?
    This is all so seriously messed up!
    So my message to Frank would be this: If you really did this - shame on you - but sing like a canary as to why, especially if you were encouraged. Point fingers and be aggressive about it.
    If you didn't do this - I am so sorry for you. Fight like a badger and have no fear about speaking any concerns of sabotage.
    It's time for some honest disclosure in this sport. NOW!
    Another question/comment - any persons involved or assumed to be involved in the USADA testimony against Lance are in extremely precarious positions right now. Lance is pulling out no stops on his battle, including breaking laws regarding lobbyists for non-profits, and trying to use and abuse the system. Be aware! It's like the cycling Mafia. And, unfortunately, his power IS strong! What he is doing in the US is going to show the total corruption of all our processes if he succeeds. That's why I'm very concerned. I'd love to see Judge Sam in TX tell him "It's over for you bud!" on August 10th. But I'm not ignorant, and I know this country's corruption and it is very possible that Lance will emerge without sanctions. They will be bought not earned. And I will be forced to be disgusted (even more than I already am) with the process of buying innocence that occurs in my country.
    Ashamed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sample B came back positive: http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/jul/20/frank-schleck-b-sample-positive?newsfeed=true

    ReplyDelete